Thursday, April 7, 2022

Chapter Sixteen

 I started chapter 16 this morning.  I am surprised to find out how much I enjoy writing about the bad guy.  lol  I always thought that it would be difficult to jump into the skin of a truly evil character, but it's actually fun.  That's because no one irl is being hurt by my antagonist.  My wife April is a great help.  She reads each chapter as I write it.  I'm actually writing the story for her, publishing it afterward just makes sense.  lol  Anyway, I like to write my bad guy and then see if he brings out any cringes from my wife.  If I can get an emotional response from her, I figure that the rest of the audience will know what I'm trying to do with the character, at the very least.  I have been really busy with other work over the last couple of weeks, so I haven't posted here daily like I started to in the beginning.  Once I grow an audience, I will fine tune this blog to your tastes.  If you like these small daily posts, I will continue to do them, otherwise I can do articles once or twice a week.  I'm actually going to get back to writing chapter 16.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticism

      Today's writing tip is based on accepting criticism, or more accurately, determining whether the criticism is worth accepting.  Ev...